This is my story. Twelve years ago, I founded TrainingMagNetwork.com. From 2,000 members, we now have 175,000 members. Since then, 35,000 have attended my workshops and webinars. If I’ve learned anything over twelve years of leading these virtual events, it’s this: It is really our responsibility as trainers, presenters, and designers to champion the cause of the learners. We have to get them inspired and excited about improving their skills. We have to advance our skills.
That’s why I've made it my personal mission to keep on creating innovations in my webinars and workshops.
Over the years, I’ve developed a number of creative and innovative methods and approaches to accomplish my mission. These are things you can learn today and apply tomorrow, and I’ve packed them all into this workshop.
So what’s one tip that I’d share right off the top? At the core of being a powerful trainer, you must design and deliver from your HEART! You must constantly improve your skills and communicate your passion. All other methods and techniques I share in this workshop flow from my desire to champion learners. I will help you improve your training capacities so you can inspire, teach, move, and help others. You have acquired the basic skills. Now is the time to power up your level of expertise, amplify your skills, and raise the bar. Get ready to level up and advance your skills.
Join me in the workshop.
Ray Jimenez, PhD
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Discover and strengthen your capacities around advanced design, presentation, and technology
- Deliver your virtual facilitation and presentation to help learners achieve understanding, take action, and apply ideas quickly
- Engage, motivate, and inspire learners beyond the plain “explain and lecture” presentation
- Build skills by going through a deeper and more personalized coaching and mentoring process
- Use various templates, tools, exercises, prototypes, and demos to create a reference library and advance your skills
- Improve your skills in software and platform integration to add deeper interactions
- Champion the cause of learners by representing their needs to stakeholders
Designing for Hyper-Engaged Learners - Advanced Design
- Developing motivated and hyper-engaged learners
- Moving away from mere lecturing and content dump
- Interpreting content to find “interactive potentials”
- Immersing learners in work incidents and situations
- Challenging learners by using stories, metaphors, memes, and paradoxes
- Using humor and improvisation to put learners on the edge
Delivering as a Master Orchestrator and Facilitator - Advanced Delivery
- Adding “before and after” webinar games, exercises, and interactions
- Utilizing hands-on labs and tasks in remote learning
- Helping learners to love pre and post-webinar activities
- Finding the engaging elements of your content even if they are boring, like technical or theoretical
- Facilitating like an orchestra conductor does
- Seamlessly adding smooth slow experience from classroom, eLearning, support content, to webinars
- Adding depth and personalization with mentoring methods
Implementing Tools to Enhance Webinar Learning Experience - Advanced Tools
- Developing the tools integrators’ mindset
- Utilizing multiple software, webcams and cameras to show hands-on product, equipment, and process learning,
presentations, sketches, videos, and demonstrations
- Seamlessly using webinars with typical “hands-on” type of learning like equipment handling, etc.
- Integrating various softwares and platforms: MIRO, LMSs, Google Docs, and other free tools
- Dealing with the limits and magnify the strengths of your platform
- Enhancing experiences in MS Teams, Zoom, Adobe Connect, WebEx, On24, others
Technologies that Glorify your Passion and Style
- How to find your presentation and facilitation style and strengths and select technologies that enhances them
- How to know when technology gets in the way of passionate facilitation
- How to do sample, provocative, passionate virtual sessions - without the glitter of too much technologies
- What tools and methods to communicate passionate vision and actions
The workshop is highly interactive, engaging, and deep in learning. Participants will participate in three live ZOOM virtual (2 hours each) sessions. Participants will also submit small exercise documents to translate ideas into actual applications.
Participants will be required to submit application exercises and projects. Mentors will provide feedback and guidance. Participants may join small groups and/or individualized mentoring sessions. The mentoring sessions are short 30-minute sessions that are optional. They can join Ray Jimenez for one-on-one Q&A and ideas sharing.
We show, exemplify and make you see and experience how the ideas are done. We promise not to lecture but instead immerse you with reflections, applications, and hands-on projects.
The workshop is for everyone, however, participants should have at least delivered a few webinars and virtual sessions. The workshop is especially helpful for those who are subject matter experts, presenters, trainers, coaches and mentors, facilitators, teachers, and speakers.
About Ray Jimenez, PhD - Lead Facilitator, Mentor and Coach
Ray is a master webinar presenter. He makes participants alive, active, engaged, at ease, learning – never a dull moment.”
Ray is the architect and strategist of the webinar community TrainingMagNetwork. In partnership with Training Magazine, Ray’s team has grown TrainingMagNetwork to 175,000 members with hundreds of webinars.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. Ray is the author of Workflow Learning, 3-Minute e-Learning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning, Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and an upcoming book, Story-Based eLearning Design. Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education, California Institute of Technology to name a few.
He is the Chief Learning Architect for www.VignettesLearning.com and www.SituationExpert.com. Ray teaches at the University of California, Irvine, University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas, Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences. Ray has authored and developed hundreds of Story-Based eLearning lessons including Story Impacts, Vignettes, Storytakes and Micro-Scenarios.
Webinar participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-Based Webinar Design.
Mentors and Co-Presenters
For More Information
For interested participants outside of the US with inquiry regarding time differences, please click on this link to see time conversion example and find your related time. Thank you.
10% Early Bird Discount
(Valid for registrations beyond the special early bird period up to 30 days before the workshop)
10% for the second participant from the same company attending the same workshop sessions
5% Government/Non-profit Discount
Please contact us for assistance.
Group discount for several participants, or attending both workshops.
Special format and design and discounts if you have a small group of 6 or more
Please contact us for assistance.
Attend the workshop and get a copy of Ray’s new ebook Advanced Skills in Webinars
101 Advance Tips, Tricks, and Insights Online Certificate Workshop
Attend the workshop and you will see 50 micro-videos and snippets from Ray’s actual virtual sessions. The videos show Ray in action. This is a great resource for modeling and reference.
Build a Studio - Watch Ray's Production Studio
Ray will show participants how he has converted his garage into a makeshift studio. Learn tips on using microphones, sound, music, green screens, backgrounds, software, stylish Zoom production, sound proofing, backgrounds, others. A website will provide links to video instructions, software choices, and others. This special feature will save you countless of hours by avoiding all the trial and error and costs.
For a group of 6 or more participants, please contact us for special pricing and benefits. Contact us!
Sessions, Coaching, eBook, video models, skills development, many others