One of the key gaps in virtual, webinar, and remote training is how to replicate the hands-on and tactile training in handling equipment, raw materials, shop floor facilities, processes and procedures, face-to-face co-mingling, and deep collaboration. Most webinars and virtual sessions are used for presentations and conveying knowledge. However, these are inadequate in reinforcing performance behaviors and helping learners, workers, teams, and trainers gain the necessary hands-on and high-touch experiences.
In this workshop, we will share experiences, explore case studies, and do pilot projects to transform simple and complex hands-on learning into remote training.
Join me in the workshop.
Ray Jimenez, PhD
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn to identify the challenges and opportunities in converting hands-on and high-touch face-to-face and on-the-job learning into remote and virtual training
- Design your content and learning experiences to enable hands-on and high-touch skills using virtual methods
- Develop labs, incubators, modelers, and replicator set-up to implement HYBRID remote and hands-on virtual learning experiences
- Select and launch technologies (simple and advance) to support your HYBRID Virtual Labs and Incubators
- Obtain templates, prototypes, demos and examples of the HYBRID Virtual Labs and Incubators
- Differentiating the vital hands-on and high-touch skills and knowledge to transfer in remote training
- Separating “fine-grade” learning and “as-it-happens” learning
- Applying the “go-between experiences” models between cognitive and physical learning
- Analyzing the key elements of HYBRID content to create multiple senses in remote activities
- Preparing a plan and storyboard for the skills-transfer activity
- Preparing learners and workers for HYBRID Remote Virtual Labs, incubators and modelers
- Designing basic and advance HYBRID Remote Virtual Labs
- Maximizing multiple tools, methods, and software to accomplish the HYBRID Remote Virtual Labs
- Using non-software and low-tech solutions; paper-based approaches
- Utilizing deep collaboration and worker co-mingling as learning LABs
- Developing roles and responsibilities of on-the-job work and team leaders, trainers, and workers
- Assessing and preparing the work environment and learner mindsets
- Preparing for digital tools, solutions, and webinar and virtual platforms
- Preparing for non-digital tools, for example, kits, models, parts, tools, equipment
- Implementing 7 Models of HYBRID remote and Hands-on LABs
- Manufacturing and process
- Logistics and operations
- Product support and maintenance
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Leadership, collaboration, sensitive people skills learning
- And other models and examples from different tasks and industries
- Assessing impacts and making reports
The workshop will cover the following applications in:
- Equipment training
- Software training
- Process and procedures training
- Safety training
- Compliance training
- Sales training
- Logistics and operations
- Manufacturing processes
- Product support and maintenance
- Troubleshooting, Problem-solving
- Team collaboration
The HYBRID Remote and Hands-on Training for Technical, Software, Processes, Sensitive People Skills is highly interactive. Participants’ learning is focused on applications of ideas in their own specific conditions. Participants will be required to select a work project, present their models and solutions, and get feedback from peers and facilitators. They are required to do a project.
Participants may join small groups and/or individualized mentoring sessions. The mentoring sessions are short 30-minute sessions that are optional. They can join Ray Jimenez and expert mentors for one-on-one Q&A and ideas sharing.
We show, exemplify and make you see and experience how the ideas are done. We promise not to lecture but instead immerse you with reflections, applications, and hands-on projects.
The workshop is for everyone, however, participants should have at least delivered a few webinars and virtual sessions. The workshop is especially helpful for those who are designers, developers, leaders, subject matter experts, presenters, trainers, coaches and mentors, facilitators, teachers, and speakers.
The workshop is about the fundamentals of HYBRID remote and Hands-on Training.
About Ray Jimenez, PhD - Lead Facilitator, Mentor and Coach
Ray Jimenez PhD, a pioneering figure in the field of Learning and Development, left behind an enduring legacy that continues to inspire the industry. His contributions to the world of training are immeasurable, and his innovative spirit lives on through his work and the countless lives he’s touched.
As the Chief Learning Architect and Founder of Vignettes Learning and Training Magazine Network, Ray was also the creative force behind Situation Expert, an A.I. ChatGPT Workflow Learning Platform. His dedication to innovation was recognized with the prestigious Innovation Technology Award from Training Magazine.
Ray began his career as a management consultant at Coopers and Lybrand, specializing in learning technology innovations, information management systems, and management development. Throughout his career, he led teams in implementing A.I., assisted performance metrics, talent management strategies, and effective learning designs.
Ray’s passion was focused on helping organizations, learning leaders, and learners embrace context-driven and workflow-based learning systems. His groundbreaking work in micro-content learning design and delivery resulted in innovative methodologies and software applications. The core of his expertise was on Workflow Learning Systems, Microlearning Expertise Systems, Story-Based Learning Designs (SBLD), and Contextual Learning Platforms (CLP).
He invented the kernel learning design called "SRIA" (Set up, Relate, Interpret, and Apply). The SRIA applies to all modalities including Microlearning and mobile learning.
Ray's influence extended beyond his innovative work. He championed the Microlearning Implementation Process and authored influential books, including "Workflow Learning," "3-Minute e-Learning," "Scenario-Based e-Learning," "Story-Based eLearning Design," and "Do-It-Yourself eLearning." Soon, his last book on “Transforming Learning Design Using A.I. ChatGPT” will also be available.
He was a sought-after speaker and thought leader, gracing conferences for organizations such as ATD, Training Magazine, eLearning Guild, ISPI, DevCon mLearning, and so on.
As the principal architect of the Training Magazine Network, which has over 185,000 L&D professional members, Ray played a pivotal role in shaping the Learning and Development community. His recent venture, Situation Expert, an A.I. ChatGPT learning system for continuous self-improvement and expertise development, exemplified his commitment to pushing the boundaries of innovation.
Ray generously shared his knowledge and expertise as an advisor and presenter of eLearning programs for prestigious institutions. He earned his Ph.D. from St. Peter's College and pursued Studies in Interactive Media at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Ray's impact extended to a diverse array of clients, including renowned organizations like FedEx, KPMG, Boeing, Lyondellbasell, Pearson, Cisco, Pixar, Dendreon, Netafim, Oracle, and NASA. Colleagues and workshop participants described him as "fun," "engaging," "technically savvy," and "inspiring." Ray's award-winning software solutions have been celebrated for their innovation.
Over 45,000 individuals have attended Ray's webinars, keynote presentations, and workshops, experiencing firsthand the transformative power of his insights and ideas.
Ray Jimenez's dedication to advancing the field of Learning and Development remains an enduring source of inspiration. His contributions will be remembered and celebrated for generations to come.
Mentors and Co-Presenters
Coming soon. Please contact us for more information.
For More Information
For interested participants outside of the US with inquiry regarding time differences, please click on this link to see time conversion example and find your related time. Thank you.