Now, with "Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop" you’ll learn simple methods to convert your training and presentations into proven and tested Interactive Approaches. You’ll discover how to use Interactive Stories based on real-life events to add meaning, engagement and immediate usefulness to content. Your learners stay focused and involved. They learn and remember your ideas better. Your webinars will become exciting and refreshing.
Session 1 - Designing Engaging Webinars
- Aiming for the high-impact moments in training technical, software, compliance and other topics
- Melding technical knowledge with episodic experiences
- Creating memorable small bites and chunks of ideas that matter
- Finding the right interactive story: incidents, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, cases, workarounds, etc.
- Adding the story types: metaphor, humor, analogy, simile, meme, etc.
- Making presentations come alive with characters and visualization
- Achieving a total make-over of long, boring, tiring, and tedious PowerPoint presentations
Session 2 - Facilitating Highly Interactive Webinars
- Hosting an engaging virtual cocktail party
- Adding your presence, despite the virtual environment
- Designing questions that provoke discussions and exchange of stories
- Setting up high-speed conversations
- Letting learners lead the conversations without their knowing
- Adding challenge, excitement, and discoveries through stories
- Employing easy, fast, and riveting story-based exercises
- Delivering a no-lecture webinar
Session 3 - Extending the Power of Webinars
- Strategic usage of the different types of content: before, during, and after webinars (examples: what is covered in each, peak points, application points)
- Raising the anticipation of learners before the webinars with a provocative story and experience sharing
- Sustaining learners’ interest in recordings and post references
- Gauging learning and experience impact from your webinars
- Creating viral stories to generate pre/post-webinar conversations
- Building a “story-sharing community”
- Awarding participants with certificates and badges
This session is not about learning how to use the virtual tools. The workshop is about design and delivery. The sessions will use Adobe Connect. However, all ideas in the sessions are applicable using other leading virtual tools.
For interested participants outside of the US with inquiry regarding time differences, please let us know so we can assist you further. Thank you.
April 2023 WORKSHOP
Dates and Times :
Session 1 - April 12, 2023
Session 2 - April 19, 2023
Session 3 - April 26, 2023
Fallback Date - May 3, 2023
(In case a session is moved due to technical issues.)
8:30 am - 10:30 am - Pacific
9:30 am - 11:30 am - Mountain
10:30 am - 12:30 pm - Central
11:30 am - 1:30 pm - Eastern
For interested participants outside of the US. Please click on this link to see time conversion example and find your related time. Thank you.
One participant - $750.00
Email us regarding the special registration process
10% Early Bird Discount
(for registration not later than 30 days before the workshop)
5% for second participant from the same company.
5% Government Discount
Please contact us for assistance
Group discount for several participants.
Please contact us for assistance
“Ray is a master webinar presenter. He makes participants alive, active, engaged, at ease, learning – never a dull moment.”
Ray is the architect and strategist of the webinar community TrainingMagNetwork. In partnership with Training Magazine, Ray’s team has grown TrainingMagNetwork to 100,000 members with hundreds of webinars.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. Ray is the author of 3-Minute e-Learning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning,Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and an upcoming book, Story-Based eLearning Design. Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education, California Institute of Technology to name a few.
He is the Chief Learning Architect for www.VignettesLearning.com. Ray teaches at the University of California, Irvine, University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas, Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences. Ray has authored and developed hundreds of Story-Based eLearning lessons including Story Impacts, Vignettes, Storytakes and Micro-Scenarios.
Webinar participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-Based Webinar Design.”
More about Ray Jimenez
Mentors and Co-Presenters