Webinars have revolutionized training. They have become a "go-to” and “do-it-all” presentation tool for presenters, trainers, SMEs, teams, leaders and managers.
The challenge is that while webinars open up a new style of learning, most online sessions are simply extensions of boring slideshow presentations, devoid of meaningful context. These disguised data dumps are forced upon the learners and audiences. Consequently, participants multitask and pay minimal attention. These online events simply become an unproductive use of learners' time.
Now, with "Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop" you’ll learn simple methods to convert your training and presentations into proven and tested Interactive Approaches. You’ll discover how to use Interactive Stories based on real-life events to add meaning, engagement and immediate usefulness to content. Your learners stay focused and involved. They learn and remember your ideas better. Your webinars will become exciting and refreshing.
Session 1 - Designing Engaging Webinars
- Aiming for the high-impact moments in training technical, software, compliance and other topics
- Melding technical knowledge with episodic experiences
- Creating memorable small bites and chunks of ideas that matter
- Finding the right interactive story: incidents, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, cases, workarounds, etc.
- Adding the story types: metaphor, humor, analogy, simile, meme, etc.
- Making presentations come alive with characters and visualization
- Achieving a total make-over of long, boring, tiring, and tedious PowerPoint presentations
Session 2 - Facilitating Highly Interactive Webinars
- Hosting an engaging virtual cocktail party
- Adding your presence, despite the virtual environment
- Designing questions that provoke discussions and exchange of stories
- Setting up high-speed conversations
- Letting learners lead the conversations without their knowing
- Adding challenge, excitement and discoveries through stories
- Employing easy, fast and riveting story-based exercises
- Delivering a no-lecture webinar
Session 3 - Extending the Power of Webinars
- Strategic usage of the different types of content: before, during and after webinars (examples: what is covered in each, peak points, application points)
- Raising the anticipation of learners before the webinars with a provocative story and experience sharing
- Sustaining learners' interest in recordings and post references
- Gauging learning and experience impact from your webinars
- Creating viral stories to generate pre/post webinar conversations
- Building a “story-sharing community”
- Awarding participants with certificates and badges
The workshop is intended for trainers, virtual presenters, coaches, leaders, managers and anyone determined to improve their skills in delivering and presenting webinars.
- Story Streams and Workshop Website: Before the Workshop Dates
One week before the workshop, participants will experience a Pre-Webinar Interactive Process. Daily provocative interactive stories will be sent to you as initial preparation for the workshop. Only participants will have access to an exclusive and secure website for demos, snippets, examples, references and handouts.
- Learn, Interact and Apply: During the Workshop Dates
The workshop has three sessions. Each session is divided into:
a. Part 1 - 2 hours - interactive presentations by the facilitator
b. Part 2 - 1 hour - self-driven exercises and applications
- Six Months’ Access to Reference Website: After the Workshop dates
For six months after the workshop, participants will have access to the resources, references, recordings, links, demos and handouts.
- 10 Webinar Design Models: technical, software, compliance, people skills, etc. webinar designs
- Step-by-step guide for converting technical, compliance and complex content into webinar design.
- 15 Best Webinar Snippets - short recordings of great virtual presentations by leading webinar presenters (sample snippets)
- Pocket-size eBook on "Story-Based Webinars" (50 pages)
- Certificate of completion
First-time webinar participants and those who desire to be better prepared to actively participate in the workshop, will be requested to attend a one-hour participant preparatory session. This will be a few days before the workshop.
This session is not about learning how to use the virtual tools. The workshop is about design and delivery. The sessions will use Adobe Connect. However, all ideas in the sessions are applicable using other leading virtual tools.
For interested participants outside of the US with inquiry regarding time differences, please let us know so we can assist you further. Thank you.
Dates and Times:
December 2020 WORKSHOP
Registrations are still accepted until the day before the main sessions.
Main Session Dates:
December 2, 8 & 15, 2020 - Virtual Sessions
Fallback Date: December 16, 2020
(In case a session is moved due to technical issues.)
8:30 am - 10:30 am - Pacific
9:30 am - 11:30 am - Mountain
10:30 am - 12:30 pm - Central
11:30 am - 1:30 pm - Eastern
(*Fallback date is a date in case previous sessions get moved due to technical factors.)
One participant - $750.00
Email us regarding the special registration process
10% Early Bird Discount
(for registration not later than 30 days before the workshop)
10% for second participant from the same company.
5% Government Discount
Please contact us for assistance
Group discount for several participants.
Please contact us for assistance
When I signed up for Vignettes for Learning "Story-Based Webinars Workshop" Course I'd had no exposure to building eLearning programs; I'd been a classroom instructor and training designer for most of my professional life. Ray Jimenez was a fabulous instructor, breaking down concepts into easy to understand activities. Ray was able to engage the cross section of professionals in the program - from eLearning newbies to those already well experienced in Articulate and other software - and take each person to the next level. I've never seen anyone who could so adeptly engage people online. By the end of the course Ray had imparted everything I'd hoped to learn.
Marla Rosner, CFE
"The hands on, applicable exercises help me develop effective, engaging training materials. Ray is a master at engaging the learner in small, bite-sized chunks that the learner can use as needed. The right training for the right person at the right time. Great material!"
"As a veteran law enforcement trainer, I had the opportunity to attend one of Ray's Story Based Webinar workshop's and I found the methodology in utilizing interactive stories approach to learning was extremely beneficial to providing critical law enforcement training based on "lesson's learned". Ray's workshop provided me with the tools and the knowledge to put what I learned to work immediately, and provide lifesaving training to our officers out in the field. I can see this method of training making huge strides in the law enforcement community. Thank you Ray!"
- Lt. Jim Gordon, M.S. Ed
"I have attended a few of Ray's webinars. These are fun engaging and interactive sessions with lots of useful takeaways to apply back in learning design. I would recommend these sessions to any one involved in the delivery of learning solutions."
"Providing context to the learner in the form of interactive stories has a remarkable impact on comprehension and retention of material, and increases student engagement with the content. Ray's methods help to bring to life what has traditionally been lifeless, and has helped to provide a new and exciting approach to the way we engage our students."
Instructional Design & Academic Quality
Ashford University / Technology Changes EverythingTM
"Ray is one of the most natural teachers I have ever met. He is able to take all the high-level concepts that he has studied, discovered and used and bring them down to a level where almost anyone can understand them."
Johns Hopkins University
"This session provided me with ideas to share with my instructional designers that I know will make their content even more engaging and impactful. Really great stuff!"
Director of Learning and Development
Cash America International
"I recommend this workshop to my associates and for those who want to have a good grounding in webinar implementation, its tools and learning design."
“Ray is a master webinar presenter. He makes participants alive, active, engaged, at ease, learning – never a dull moment.”
Ray is the architect and strategist of the webinar community TrainingMagNetwork. In partnership with Training Magazine, Ray’s team has grown TrainingMagNetwork to 100,000 members with hundreds of webinars.
Ray Jimenez, Ph.D., spent 15 years with Coopers & Lybrand in the areas of management consulting and implementation of learning technology solutions. Ray is the author of 3-Minute e-Learning, Scenario-Based Learning, Do-It-Yourself eLearning,Story Impacts Learning and Performance eBook and an upcoming book, Story-Based eLearning Design. Ray has worked with American Bankers Association, Neiman Marcus, the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Blue Cross, Goodwill Industries, Pixar Studios, Edison Missing Group, Dendreon, Netafim, Progressive Insurance, Bridgepoint Education, California Institute of Technology to name a few.
He is the Chief Learning Architect for www.VignettesLearning.com. Ray teaches at the University of California, Irvine, University of Texas Southwest Medical Center, Dallas, Assumption University, Bangkok and Open Learning University, Hong Kong. He is a sought-after expert and workshop facilitator for Training Magazine, eLearning Guild and ATD Conferences. Ray has authored and developed hundreds of Story-Based eLearning lessons including Story Impacts, Vignettes, Storytakes and Micro-Scenarios.
Webinar participants describe Ray as “fun,” “engaging,” “technically savvy,” “provocative,” “inspiring,” and “has depth and experience in Story-Based Webinar Design.”
More about Ray Jimenez
Mentors and Co-Presenters